weitere Inhalte in der Kategorie: Workshops
- Basic Workshops (für Einsteiger)
- Präventionskurse (für Einsteiger)
- Alex Harfield - Free your Flow Vinyasa Masterclass
- Alex Harfield - Free your Flow "Yin & Yang"
- Alex Harfield - Reflections
- Alex Harfield - Smooth Transitions
- Alex Harfield - Vinyasa Yoga
- Amit - Prana Vinyasa Yoga
- Andreas Ruhula - Hatha Yoga Parampara
- Andreas Ruhula - Pranayama, Bandhas und Mudras
- Ayurveda Kochworkshop
- Brad Warner - Punkrock Satsang
- Christine May - Prana Flow Energetic Vinyasa
- Danny Paradise - Ashtanga Yoga
- Dave Stringer - Kirtan
- Diarra Diop - Yoga für Singles
- Dinah Rodrigues - Hormon Yoga
- Dr. Patrick Broome - Jivamukti Yoga
- Dr. Ronald Steiner - Ashtanga Yoga
- Emma Henry - London calling!
- Gillian Wagner - Women's Practice: Shine On Yoga
- Jeffrey Cohen - Open Class & Rockasana!
- Jörg Krebber - Nahrung ist Medizin
- Jörg Krebber - Vortragsabend
- Julia Moton - Kommuniziere mit Deinem Herzen
- Julianne Sohn - Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga: Dein Weg zur eigenen Praxis
- Jutta / Boris - Chakra & Klangkonzert
- Kancho Cameron Shayne - Budokon Yoga
- Kino McGregor - Ashtanga Yoga
- Mark Darby - Ashtanga Yoga
- Mark Whitwell - Asana-Praxis nach Patanjalis Yogasutra
- Martina Menningen - Hormon Yoga
- Meghan Currie - Vinyasa Special
- Nina Suza Reiss - Kundalini
- Petri Raisänen - Ashtanga Yoga
- Petros - Jivamukti Intensive
- Prema Hara - Bhakti Intensive
- Prema Hara - Kirtan Konzert
- Prof. Dr. Wystup - Vedische Mathematik
- Schalk Viljoen - Ahimsa und Satya
- Simon Parish - Hatha Yoga
- Stephan Suh - iYOGA
- Sybille Schlegel - Seven Minutes to Samadhi
- Sylvia Ritter / Sandra Milanovic - Jivamukti Detox
- Sylvia Ritter - pre/postnatal Yogalehrerweiterbildung
- Sylvia Ritter - Yoga bei Rückenproblemen
- Sylvia Ritter / Timo Wahl - Weiterbildung Energie
- Tara Judelle - Das vertikale Zentrum
- The Love Keys - Kirtan Konzert
- Thomas Hilbert - Meditation
- Timo Wahl - Adjustments
- Timo Wahl - Advanced Teaching Skills
- Timo Wahl - DETOX Yoga
- Timo Wahl - Meeting Patanjali in Ganeshs Kitchen
- Timo Wahl - Pranic Flow
- Timo Wahl - Weiterbildung Adjustment und Philosophie
- Timo Wahl - Yogaanatomie
- Timo Wahl - Yoga bei Rückenproblemen
- Will Lau - Jivamukti Yoga
- Yogi Ashokananda
- Yogi Kamal - Gherand Samhita Yoga
- Yogi Kamal - Holistic Yoga
- Zrinka Maler - Kochseminar
YOGA! für Einsteiger
YOGA! und Krankenkassenkooperation
Workshops with Matthew Sweeney
06. – 12. Juni 2008
This weekend workshop is an informative and practical exploration of Ashtanga Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. It will include traditional Ashtanga Yoga, therapeutic Vinyasa sequences and Yoga philosophy. It is a unique opportunity for both novice and advanced Yoga enthusiasts to practice under the tutelage of an international and advanced Yoga teacher.
Matthew delivers these workshops with enthusiasm and a fun-filled atmosphere to allow you to explore the joy of Yoga. The latest aspects of Matthew’s workshop series include flowing led practices and insightful guidance on various hints, tricks and techniques for some of the more intricate aspects of Asana practice. These sessions are useful for Yoga practitioners from any tradition and are not just aimed at traditional Ashtanga Yoga students.
Matthew’s knowledge of Yoga encompasses 21 years of practice and 15 years experience as a teacher. His education includes Shiatsu massage, Yoga therapy, Iyengar Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga. Matthew’s teaching combines the tradition of Ashtanga Yoga with the therapeutic needs of each student. He provides an individual approach to the Mysore method and is renowned for the attention he gives to both novice and advanced students.
Matthew is widely regarded as one of the world’s most advanced exponents of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as taught by Shri. K. Pattabhi Jois. His Asana practice includes “Advanced B”, or 4th Series. He studies regularly at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute in Mysore India where he completed “Advanced A”, or 3rd Series in 1996.
After many years of Ashtanga practice Matthew has developed his own unique Vinyasa sequences which he promotes and teaches as suitable alternatives to the standard series. These unique Vinyasa classes are conducted to encourage students to apply a therapeutic approach to their personal practice and to encourage a creative and adventurous heart.
Matthew travels and teaches Yoga workshops in Australia, Asia, North America and Europe.
Weekend Workshop (06.-08.06.2008)
Freitag, 06. Juni
18.00-20.00 Uhr: Gentle Alternative Vinyasa Sequence (I)
Chandra Krama: The Moon Sequence
Beginning with a short introduction about the workshop and Vinyasa Yoga this class will commence with Moon Sequence. Feeling tired? Depleted? Injured? Or otherwise a bit low? This sequence is a gentle flowing Vinyasa form accessible for all levels. Although this sequence was originally intended for practice on the full moon, the new moon and during the menstrual cycle, it is appropriate at any time for women or men. This sequence emphasises the hips, groin, lower spine and abdominals, which will feel awake and alive after moving through the postures. It takes pressure off the neck, shoulders and wrists (common >from the standard jumps in the Ashtanga series) and is useful as a regular alternative to the intense heat of the traditional Ashtanga. Whether old or young this sequence is great for any age. Some Yoga experience is recommended.
Samstag, 07. Juni
3 Stunden morgens: Jumping Through and Jumping Back
This class will explore the methods and techniques necessary to implement greater ease and ability with jumping through and jumping back. This class will begin with a warm up based on the traditional series and then explore the jumps in Suryanamaskara followed by the jumps in and out of the sitting postures – both cross-legged and straight-legged. These useful techniques have been comprehensively developed over many years and are applicable for students of any level.
2 Stunden nachmittags: Vinyasa, Back Bending and Mula Bandha
This class will begin with a short Vinyasa warm up. This will be followed by exploring variations of back bending and drop backs. Simple hands on exercises will be provided to increase awareness of the articulation of the lower spine, pelvic floor and psoas muscles. This session will also include some practical advice for understanding and applying the mula bandha, or root lock and will conclude with a group discussion on Yoga Philosophy.
Sonntag, 08. Juni
3 Stunden morgens: The Complete Primary Series
Taught in a flowing and informative manner, this class will take the students through the Primary Series from start to finish. Students will be encouraged to attempt the postures to their own particular level of ability to avoid pain and injury and to maximize the sense of joy and ease that is possible in the traditional sequence. A discussion and answer session will conclude this class, with examination of some of the anatomical and physiological outlines of the Primary seated postures and individual body types. Some Ashtanga Yoga experience is necessary for this class, though students will be encouraged to omit any postures that are problematic.
3 Stunden nachmittags: Headstand, Handstand, Pranayama and Meditation
This class will begin with a short warm up, followed by an exploration of headstand, the fore-arm balance and handstand. A combination of easy to follow techniques and a fun atmosphere of learning will infuse this session. This class will finish with the subtle aspects of Yoga including Pranayama (breathing exercises), Meditation and a final question and answer session.
Weekly Practice Sessions
Montag, 09. Juni – Donnerstag, 12. Juni
06.00 Uhr: Mysore Style Classes, limited to 12 students per session
Students must book for all Mysore sessions.
If you are new to the traditional Ashtanga system give yourself the opportunity to begin a personal practice under the guidance of one on the world’s most renowned international Ashtanga teacher. Existing Ashtanga practitioners will also flourish under his encouraging and informed eye. Individual attention, adjustments and verbal guidance will be given to support each student and encourage them towards their full potential. Due to the limit of 12 students you will be guaranteed personal attention.
Montag, 09. Juni – Mittwoch, 11. Juni
09.30-11.30 Uhr: Guided Primary Class
These three sessions will focus on each of the three different components of the Primary sequence – beginning, middle and end. It is recommended that you come to all three sessions to gain the maximum benefit. Taught in a fun and flowing manner, students with little Ashtanga Yoga experience are encouraged to attend. Matthew will provide useful techniques for the standing postures, the basic sitting postures, the core postures and the finishing sequence.